Our eyes are one of the most delicate parts of our body. When it comes to taking care of such delicate parts it should always be our first priority. Keeping them healthy and beautiful isn’t that hard. Your eyes aren't healthy just because you can read this. Never take such a delicate part of your body for granted.
Good health starts with healthy food on your plate. Nutrients like zinc, vitamins C, vitamins E, amega 3 acids help to strengthen your sight. Green vegetables, eggs, nuts, beans, pork, oranges and other citrus fruits are a must for good and healthy eyes. Diet plays an important role when it comes to healthy eyesight.
The reason doctors prescribe more green vegetables to kids. Nowadays when screens have become a part of our life it becomes more important to have a good diet. While using mobiles or watching television, maintain a specific distance. Nowadays due to covid everyone is almost 18-20 hours in front of a screen whether they are a kid for online classes or adults for work from home.
They are a huge number of glasses, sunglasses, protective and safety glasses which have become now a necessity for people working from home. Eyewear trends to protect eyes from dust, dirt, and small insects while driving two-wheelers. Whereas wearing eye protection while playing games can protect eyes from any injury.
You might have read ‘smoking is dangerous for your health’. Smoking not only damages your liver but also destroys the optic nerves and can cause many other medical problems. Smoking can be one of the reasons for low eyesight as it damages the nerves that connect the brain to the eyes.
- If you wear glasses or contacts, make sure the prescription is up-to-date and suitable for looking at a computer screen.
- Ask your doctor about computer glasses if your eye strain won't go away.
- The best practice would be placing the monitor at eye level. Now you can look down at the screen.
- Try to keep windows and lights from reflecting glare. Consider an anti-glare screen if necessary.
- Choose a chair that is comfortable and supportive. Place your feet flat on the floor.
- If you feel like your eyes are dry try to blink more or use artificial tears.
- Every 20 minutes, rest your eyes. Look 20 feet away every 60 minutes. Try to take a 10-15 minutes break after every 2 hours.